Monday, 18 June 2007

2 more months before I leave

Here we go, my first blog entry ....

We ended our run of "North Diversion Road" yesterday. The last few months preparing for it have been really great. I think all of us in the cast have really come to feel for the characters we have been finding and creating over the past few months. I actually felt sad after I finished my first scene yesterday. It felt like I was leaving a friend behind in the theatre, someone I have come to know and understand better but now needed to leave behind.

I'm going to miss everyone in Young & Wild tremendously when I leave for Manhattan in August. The rest of them will continue to grow as an ensemble with their future productions and I won't be around to experience it with them. But I know that I'll also be doing something that I've always wanted to do and that going to Manhattan to study is an opportunity I need to take now.

The whole school application process over the last 9 months has gotten me thinking a lot more deeply about life. I'm not sure why that happened. Perhaps I know it's going to be a really huge step out of my comfort zone, into something new, unfamiliar, exciting and yet scary. Such things usually gets one thinking more deeply about life doesn't it?

I came home last night with post production blues. It comes from knowing that something wonderful and enjoyable has come to a conclusion and that things are moving on. It's the last time all 14 of us will be together in the same show. I won't be there for the next one. But that's life isn't it? People come and go in and out of our lives. We remember and love those who touch us the most and try to forget those who hurt us.

I don't know how my partner and I will cope with not having each other around after I leave in August. Since we first got together more than 6 years ago, we've talked everyday and met up a few times every week. I'm sure we will adjust but it will be such a big change for both of us. We will need to find a different rhythm to our lives and our relationship, to work out a different way of communicating and to learn to keep each other in our hearts when we are physically so far apart.

I'll miss him very much ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You will grow in more ways than you can imagine right now. The rest of us can only hope that you will choose to come back after you're done, to share your experience with us.

I love you!! You will be sorely missed.

Isabella said...

Hello,

Will miss you much too*hug* glad to know you better. Please go there and become a famous singer or something ok?*sniff*